The Goodness is looking for an Editorial Intern to work with our experienced NY-based editors. Our internships are unpaid but we offer tons of real world experiencing running and managing an entrepreneurial online news magazine. We are looking for someone with an interest in social entrepreneurship, inspirational thought leaders, personal development & productivity, conscious consumerism, culture: art, music, film & events and technology that makes life better.
• Monitor emerging news stories via RSS feeds, Twitter, etc., sift through the noise and tee up the best content on the web to our subscribers
• Fact checking
• Editorial Research
Skills & Requirements:
• BA or Student/graduate in journalism
• Efficient researcher and compelling and fast writer with ability to communicate in a fun, hip, edgy tone
• Mature and independent working style combined with strong interpersonal skills
• Passionate about living well and doing good!
To apply, please email your resume along with a sample of your work to editor at the-goodness.com, with “NY Editorial Intern” in the subject line.
The-Goodness.com, the hip lifestyle email publication for people who want to live well and do good, is seeking a Marketing Intern. The Goodness internships are without monetary compensation however we do provide you with tons of positive energy, creative freedom, and invaluable hands on experience that will make you more marketable for any future paid job you pursue. We’re looking for someone who can come into the New York office at least three days per week.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• General office assistance
• Business projects
• Help Create & Manage FaceBook Advertising Campaigns
• Help Create & Manage Google Adwords Advertising Campaigns
• Help Create and Manage Subscription Acquisition Promotions & Sweepstakes
• Market Research — reader surveys (crafting & analyzing data)
• Develop and test marketing messaging on Landing Pages and Email Invitations
Qualifications and Expectations:
• Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week at our office
• Mac proficient including word processing (Google Docs and/or Word), spreadsheets (Google Docs and/or Excel), and general internet savvy
• Fast learner
• Interested in living well and doing good!
If you are interested in this opportunity to join the The Goodness team, please send your résumé with an email to jobs at the-goodness.com, with “NY Marketing Intern” in the subject line.